Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I find details about the technical specifications of the RigidBot?
You can find all the details on the RigidBot parts and electronics in the Technical Specifications page, which is also accessible from the Navigation list on the left side of this page.
- I seem to have a problem with <part name>! What's going on?
- I'm missing a part and can't complete my build. What can I do?
Contact IAP with a ticket at http://iap.supportsystem.com or through the contact links at http://www.inventapart.com/. In the meantime, take a look at the Technical Specifications page - many parts are listed with alternative suppliers, and spares are always handy!
- I am building my kit and can't figure out which rods are for the x-axis and y-axis. How do you tell them apart?
The X axis smooth rods are the longest rods. The Y axis smooth rods are slightly shorter than the X axis rods. The Z axis smooth rods are the shortest.
- What software should I use to create objects and control my printer?
- Help! I'm using Cura, but the bed leveling tool is moving the Z axis in the wrong direction!
Cura, written by the folks at Ultimaker, was designed to work with their Ultimaker 3d printer. This printer adjusts the Z axis by moving the print bed vertically, rather than the print head itself. You can resolve this by something something.
- Why isn't my first layer adhering to the bed?
Print speed too high, bed not level or too far from nozzle.
- What temperature should I use for my material?
PLA: in the range of 200-220 degrees Celsius
ABS prints at some other° celsius.
- How can I reduce the noise of my extruder fan?
Dennis Brown has posted one possible solution here.
- I'm getting a MINTEMP/M999/MAXTEMP error! Help!
You may be having an issue with your thermistor.